The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representatively (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of this post and candidates whose appointment/promotion/transfer will promote representatively will receive preference.
Vacancies in the Department
Information regarding vacancies in the Department will be updated as and when such vacancies are advertised. Applications must be accompanied by a signed Form Z83 and a recent updated comprehensive CV as well as original certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document.
- The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
- Please take note that no applications, received after the closing date of the said advertisements, will be considered
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered
- Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification
- Successful candidate/s will be appointed on a probationary period of 12 months
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Please take note that all applications will be subject to reference checks
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post(s)
- Non-SA Citizens must attach a certified copy of proof of permanent residence in South Africa
- Where applicable candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test
- Vacancies in the Department
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development participates in the Free State provincial bursary scheme. Information can be obtained from the websites of the provincial Department of Education and the Department of the Premier. The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development participates in the Free State provincial bursary scheme. Information can be obtained from the websites of the provincial Department of Education and the Department of the Premier.
Internships / Learnerships
Information regarding internships and/or learnerships in the Department will be updated as and when such vacancies are advertised. The Department of the Premier is responsible for the implementation of programmes of the National Skills Fund. Various learnerships have been implemented. These learnerships provide young people with the opportunity to develop critical skills and gain work experience that will assist then to enter the formal job market. Learnerships relevant to the agriculture sector that have been implemented include the following;
- 475 youth participate in the Agriculture / Mixed Farming learnership. These youth come from the areas of Bainsvlei and Tierpoort in the Motheo district; Bultfontein, Ventersburg, Bothaville, Soutpan and Wesselsbron in the Lejweleputswa district; Jacobsdal, Fauresmith and Trompsburg in the Xhariep district; Reitz, Memel, Warden and Petrus Steyn in the Thabo Mofutsanyane district and Cornelia, Viljoenskroon and Villiers in the Fezile Dabi district.
- An additional 175 youth participate in a further Agriculture learnership as follows; Fruit packaging in Bethlehem and Ficksburg; plant production in Welkom and Bloemfontein as well as poultry in Botshabelo, Kroonstad and Hoopstad.